To prevent the rising number of duplicate driver’s licences, it is now required to link the Aadhar card to the licence.
Duplication of driver’s license has become quite common in the country. To prevent this, linking the Aadhar card to the driver’s licence has now been required.
In this way, driving licence fraud and corruption will be eliminated in the country.
For each Indian citizen, the Aadhar card is a vital document. We may simply take advantage of many government programmes with the help of this.
It is now required to link it to an Aadhar card in order to verify a driver’s licence.
Due to the country’s outbreak of the Coronavirus, all activity linked to driver’s license was halted for many days. Given the decline of corona instances across the country, work on driver’s license has resumed in numerous jurisdictions.
ALSO READ: Pfizer vaccine news in India for children
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Driving Licences Online
- Go to the website of your state’s/road UT’s transportation department.
- Select “Link Aadhaar” from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Driving License.”
- Next, input your driver’s licence number and select “Get Details.”
- Fill in the boxes with your 12-digit Aadhaar number and mobile number (Remember that your mobile number should be the one registered with UIDAI)
- To finish the procedure, click the “Submit” button.
- You will then receive an OTP on your registered cell phone.
- To finish the process of linking Aadhaar to driver’s licences, enter the OTP.
After entering this OTP, the process of linking your Aadhaar with your driving license will be completed.
Is it mandatory to link aadhaar with driving licence
Currently, linking Aadhaar to a driver’s licence is optional.
Is an e-Aadhar card valid for linking driving license?
Yes, while connecting online, you must submit your Aadhaar number. Whether you have an e-Aadhaar or a UIDAI-issued Aadhaar card, your Aadhaar number stays the same.
Can we make driving Licence without Aadhaar?
The central government has instructed all states to make the Aadhar card a requirement for applying for a driver’s licence in India.